Gavar ki phalli or Cluster beans ka saalan


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

As a kid I never eat vegetables and when forced, decided to hate them all the more. It's good because  i dont have to wonder why my child dosen't eat vegetables now lol! Now that i am older and wiser, I can cook and eat all vegetables, really, even the bitterest of them, while wishing my child eats them one day! Also, I can cook each vegetable in various interesting ways! Here's an interesting addition to the usual way of cooking cluster beans...sesame seeds!

Ingredients:

Cluster beans- 2 cups washed, cut and roasted
onions-1/2 cup, thinly sliced
oil-3 tbs
tomatoes-2 medium, chopped
salt-to taste
turmeric powder-1 tsp
red chilli powder-1 tsp
ginger-garlic paste-1tsp
sesame seeds-2 tbs(dry roasted and ground)
water-1 cup

Method: Wash the beans, cut them and roast them with a tiny bit of oil until you see black specks on them and set aside. Heat oil in a pot and saute the until golden brown and add ginger-garlic paste and add tomatoes  and keep stirring until  the tomatoes become mushy. Now add the roasted beans along with salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and water. Cook on high heat until the beans get cooked and the water gets absorbed. At this point, lower the heat and  put the sesame seed powder,  mix well and cook for five  more minutes and turn off the stove. Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. nic place dr....17 posts n a month...nt bad...:)) luvd ur khatti dal....do visit ma blog too when time permits...:))

    http://hasnasdelights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cluster beans, but i'm very lazy when it comes to cutting them and i hate frozen ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rabiya., I agree with you about laziness holding you from cutting the cluster beans. I usually cut them as I am putting away the groceries and the vegetables away in the frige and cook it on a later day. Try doing it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip iA i will do that :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.