Daal Methi


Bismillaihir Rahmanir Raheem

I believe this is the most delish and nutritious thing you can make, when fresh Fenugrek leaves are in season. I find the best leaves in Winters,which are more mature than the ones I grow in my kitchen garden in hot Summers.

 Here is what you will need....

Ingredients:

 Methi leaves- 2 bunches ( chopped, washed and blanched)
Onions-1/2
Tur daal- 1/2 cup (soaked in warm water for 1/2 hr)
salt -to taste
oil-3 tbs
water-1/2 cup

To be ground....

green peppers- 4 in number, chose the kind you want according to the level of heat you want in them!
coconut powder-2 tbs
garlic-2 cloves
salt- a pinch
cumin seeds-1 tsp

Method:

Begin with chopping the Fenugreek leaves and blanch them ( putting them in boiling water for less than 30 secs and romoving the leaves and putting them in cold water for another 30 seconds and drain the water using a colander ) and set the leaves aside.

Heat oil in a pot and saute the onions until transparent, and add the ground mixture and stir for a few seconds. then add the soaked daal, fenugreek leaves salt, water and cook for 10 minutes or untill the daal gets cooked, not over-cooked. You must still be able to see the perfect shape of the daal and it should be soft when ou bite it. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna be making this today with all the methi that I got :) Can I use maash ki daal instead? Your background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maash ki daal tends to get too gooey when cooked. So, you might want to use Moong ki daal instead of arhar ki daal. Tell me how it turns out:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.