Beet Curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This was one of the curries I could never understand as child. I loved the jam Mom made with beets and so, it was hard for me to think of the same beets cooked to be made a savory curry. As an adult, I love this cold and savory in which chunks of beets  happily swim in a gravy of  yogurt!
Ingredients:

Beetroot- 1 cup, cut into small cubes
Salt-to taste
Oil-2 tbs
Green pepper-3 cut into small pieces
Asafoetida-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-7-8
Water-1/2 cup
Yogurt-1 cup, beaten with a tiny bit of water.
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp

Directions:

1.Heat oil in a pot, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, let them pop.

2.Add the asafoetida followed by the beet chunks.

3.Put salt, curry leaves, green pepper and water.

4.Cook for five minutes until water gets absorbed and the beets get soft.

5.Turn off the stove and let the beets cool down completely.

6.Add the beaten yogurt and mix well.

7.Transfer to a bowl.

8.Enjoy!
     

1 comment:

  1. looks good :) i make it in different way, i put beetroots in pressure cooker with tomatoes and spices, until done, and cook for couple of mins without the cover. its soo good :) im gonna make it tonight :)iA.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.