Beet salad

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Beets are very vitamin and mineral rich vegetables and have a gorgeous red color that can be lightened to a pink when mixed with a white ingredient like yogurt and milk. I have myself eaten it in a number of different ways as it is very versatile. It could be made into a dessert, a salad raw or boiled, added to yogurt sauces, cooked as a curry. You name it and you can make it. This is one of the ways we like to it in my home:)

Ingredients:

Beets- 2 cups,grated
Cilantro- as needed (chopped) to garnish
Green peppers-2, finely chopped
Lemon juice-2 tbs
Onions-1/2 cup sliced
Salt- to taste

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and give it a good toss to get them well incorporated.

2. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good. Insha'Allah I'll try it this upcoming week and serve it for my family :) Thanks for sharing the recipe. By the way: I really like your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sending I have updated it will put the picture on my post soon
    please link your post to
    http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com/2011/04/food-palette-series-pink.html
    thank you salaams

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam

    refreshing healthy and colourful salad

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.