Soy products are the healthiest substitutes for meat products and are 100 % vegetarian. They are packed with proteins and a lot of vitamins.I made this vegetarian kheema fry with soy granules found at Indian Grocery Stores. I bet you cannot tell the difference between real ground meat goat and the soy granules. The taste and texture are exactly same and it is very nutritious and fat-free protein and an excellent for people watching their cholestrol levels. This is what you need to make it.
Soy granules: 2 cups
Water - 2 quarts to boil for soaking the granules
Onions-(chopped) 1/2 cup
Tomatoes- 1 big, cut into cubes
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Ginger/garlic paste 1 tsp
Garam masala ( 4cloves,four 1 inch pieces of cinnamom sticks, 4 green cardamoms)
Cilantro-1/2 cup chopped
Mint leaves-2 tbs chopped
1. Boil water in a large pot and turn off the stove.
2. Add the soy granules to the water and let it soak for five minutes.
3.Use a colander and strain the granules and set aside.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the granues and mix well and let it rest for a few minutes.
5. Heat oil in a pot and add the marinated soy granules and stir.
6.Cook on high heat for five minutes , stirring in between.
7. Lower the heat and cook for a couple more minutes.
8. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.