Dharwad Pedas



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Dharwad Pedas are so called because they are made in Dharwad and taste the best when bought in Dharwad. For more information on Dharwad Pedas, click here.

I am now sharing my mom's recipe for the pedas which taste exactly like those sold and made in Dharwad.

Ingredients:

Khoya or thickened milk- 1 pound
Sugar-2 tbs
Maida (all purpose flour)-4 tbs
cardamom powder-2tsp
Ghee(clarified butter)- 2tbs



Method: In a pan, on medium heat, roast the maida until it turns pinkish-brown in color and set aside in a plate. In the same pan, add some ghee and roast the khoya until it turns golden brown. Now add the maida to the khoya and roast for a few seconds. Turn of the stove and add half the sugar and the cardamom powder and stir quickly to get all the ingredients mixed well. Quickly make round balls and roll them in the remaining sugar once and set them aside.Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I know my husband would LOVE these!!!! I have never used koya, is it something that is already sweeten and that is why there is only 2TSP sugar in this dish???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    There is no sugar in the Khoya and the recipe calls for two tables spoons of sugar and that is more than enough. This is a very flavorful sweet, full of taste and flavour more than just the sweet taste.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.